Alyssa has always had a passion for birth. In 2013 she began the process of becoming a Certified Doula through Doula Training Canada and completed certification in August 2014. She also completed her Birth and Bereavment Doula certification through StillBirthday in 2015, enabling her to provide support for all pregnancy outcomes. She enjoys networking with other doulas and birth professionals to bring awareness of doula care to the Kingston region.
In addition to her doula training, Alyssa is a Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. Pregnancy massage is one focus point of her care that is available to her clients.
Continuing education is one of Alyssa's passions. Listed below are some of the courses she has completed:
- The Gena Kirby Rebozo Method http://genakirby.com/
- Care for the Child of a Complicated Birth
- Advanced Comfort Measures for Childbirth
- Dynamic Taping Level 1 (Sports tape that can be used during pregnancy for support)
- Teen Mothers
- Cesarean Birth
- Medication Free Birth
- Single Mothers
- Working with Mothers in OB/GYN care, Family physician care, and Midwife care
- Expected Loss/Still Birth/Complex Delivery
- Surrogate Families